Overall privacy statement
We take your privacy seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. These privacy practices apply to the Web site that you were viewing when you clicked through to this policy, which is operated directly by us.
1. What information does Collectors Editions collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Several of the services and features that we offer on our sites require you to provide us with information as a condition of usage.
We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number and credit card information when you provide it to us. From time to time, we may also collect other sensitive information such as your job title, gender, username and password. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us.
2. What is Collectors Editions' practice regarding cookies?
Your Internet browser has a feature called cookies, which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of our sites, although active participation in certain areas of our sites may require cookies. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information, in which case we use the information to enhance your services in the ways described below. By adjusting your settings on your browser, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected.
Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our site;
Displaying the most appropriate content based on your interests.
3. How does Collectors Editions use the information?
We use the information we gather for four general purposes:
- To customize the the content you see;
- To enhance the user experience. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you;
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
4. How does Collectors Editions share the information?
Personally identifiable information
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered/ordered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through our web site.
- You unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on our behalf.
When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
5. How can I review and update my personally identifiable information?
You can review, correct, or change the information collected during registration/order. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work can contact us using e-mail addresses at the bottom of this page.
Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first within this area of the Web site. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our sites that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will send affected users written notice of the change by e-mail.
Questions regarding this privacy statement or any other aspects of our Web site should be sent to our corporate offices at 9002 Eton Ave. Canoga Park CA, 91304 Attention: Web site services. We read every message submitted and try to reply promptly to every one. We may also file your comments to improve the site, or review and discard the information.
Effective date: June 12, 2007